Dodge 68RFE, 545RFE, 45RFE deep transmission pan fits vehicles including the following:
- Ram 2500 & 3500, 2WD and 4WD, with 6.7 liter diesel engines (except 3500 HD cab & chassis which has the Aisin transmission), 2007 and newer. For 5.9 liter diesel trucks, use pan 9393.
- Ram 1500 with 4.7 or Hemi, 2002 - 2005
- 2WD Dakota and Durango with 4.7, 2000 - 2004
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.7, 1999 - 2004
- Jeep Liberty CRD
This is a direct replacement for the stock pan with the following exceptions:
- Ram 1500 2006 & newer: The stock exhaust may hit a deeper transmission pan.
- Ram 2500 Hemi-powered: The exhaust crossover pipe is routed underneath the back part of the pan instead of in front of it like the 1500. The pipe must be rerouted downwards 1" in order to prevent it from hitting the pan.
- Dakota and Durango 4WD: The frame crossmember behind the transmission pan will interfere with a larger pan.
- Jeep Liberty CRD: Requires removal of the factory skid plate, or addition of spacers to move the skid plate downward away from the transmission.
- Durango 2005 and newer: Hemi-powered versions have a large catalytic converter in front of and underneath the transmission pan.
This pan is similar to the Dodge 45RFE, 545RFE, 68RFE tranny pan (part number 10304) but has more capacity, is slightly deeper and costs a little more (4 1/2 quarts compared to 3 1/8 quarts over stock for 2WD). Both pans fit the same applications with the same exceptions.
This design has a slant to it (one side longer than the other) so that once on the truck, the bottom is parallel to the ground like the stock pan. Unlike most other transmissions, Dodge put an angle on the gasket surface.
The filter attaches to the valve body (bolt on & spin on), and does not use the pan for support.
Compared to the stock 4WD pan, this pan is 1 7/8 inches deeper at front and 1 1/2 inches deeper in back.
Volume: 4.5 qts. over stock for 2wd, 4 qts. over stock for 4wd
Transmission Pan Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts)